OBOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBOS

An online book of shadows for everyone to share

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food Poisening

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jocose
Admin

Food Poisening Empty
PostSubject: Food Poisening   Food Poisening EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 am

We had a family reunion and were the second group to arrive at the beach house that we had rented. My brother and family arrived there first and I saw his whole family, but he was nowhere to be found. I asked his wife where he was and she told me that three days earlier he had eaten at the famous “Golden Arches” restaurant and gotten very sick within 20 minutes of eating his food. For three days he had tried over the counter drugs for nausea and diarrhea but was still feeling terrible. I told her that I thought I had something that would help and went to my handy bag of herbs. I had Slippery Elm which is great for diarrhea, and Ginger which works well for nausea. I gave her the little packets which hold about 25 capsules and said that I would take the Slippery Elm every half hour until I was feeling better and Ginger every 2 - 3 hours. My brother showed his face a few hours later and said that he was feeling much better and was fine the rest of the week long reunion.

Food poisoning is most commonly a reaction to toxins produced by bacteria or other toxins. Bacteria thrive in food that is not prepared hygienically, that is kept out of refrigeration for too long, or that is not thoroughly cooked. Symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach cramps, and generally start 4 - 36 hours after eating contaminated food and often can last several days to two weeks. The reaction is so similar to the flu that it is often mistaken for the flu.

Slippery Elm is the herb of choice for any gastrointestinal disturbances including food poisoning. It is very calming and soothing to the intestinal tract and will often stop the diarrhea with a few doses. I have used it when I have been emotionally upset which often causes an acidic condition in the body which manifests itself with heart burn all the way through my system and ending in burning diarrhea. I mix the powder in with water and take it every half hour and within a few hours I will be back to normal. The capsules are great for trips and came in handy for my brother.

Slippery Elm has saved many people’s lives and brought them back to good health. My favorite story is on the Herbal Legacy website called Elijah, a story of hope and progress, well worth taking the time to read. Dr. Christopher’s well-known poultices for abscesses, boils and gangrene use Slippery Elm paste as a main ingredient. Slippery Elm is the herb that was used to heal the hip of a young pioneer boy when he received a musket blast at the Hauns Mill Massacre. His mother was instructed through the spirit how to heal him. He laid on his stomach for five weeks until he was entirely recovered, a flexible gristle having grown in place of the missing joint and socket.

Ginger helps to stomach pain, cramps and indigestion. Ginger protects while stimulating, treats constipation and diarrhea while relieving nausea, inhibits toxic bacteria while promoting friendly species of bacteria. Ginger has been found to work better than the popular over the counter drugs for motion sickness. I also use it for menstrual cramps and it is found in many herbal formulas. Dr. Christopher said, “Ginger is generally combined with herbs going into the abdominal area, because it is a carrier. Ginger is an herb which accentuates so many herbs.”

Two simple herbs made a happy vacation for my brother. Slippery Elm is available in bulk, capsules & Extract. Ginger is available in bulk, capsules & extract. You can purchase these herbs and others at Herbs First.
Back to top Go down
https://bookofshadows.forumotion.net

Food Poisening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBOS :: The Book :: Healing and Remedies-
Jump to: